Benefits of working with me
You’ve come to this page to get a feel for how working with me will benefit you.
Here is what you stand to gain from investing your time and money to work with me:
- Clarity and more confidence about who you are and what you do, which shows up in feeling enthusiastic and positive about life and business.
- Real world advice. My experiences as a business builder for myself and for my clients means I give you real world advice, not theory.
- Marketing strategies that result in more visibility and sales.
- A solid look at your business model and whether it will actually give you the money and free time you want.
- Complete honesty from me about what I see.
You will directly benefit from my many years of experience as a business owner, my business expertise, and my deep intuitive skills. I bring all three of these to the table with every client.
Who can benefit from working with me? If any of these describe you, we are probably a good fit.
- You’ve been in business more than a year, you’re making money, but you need to increase your income and profitability.
- You are ready to feel more confident as a leader and business owner.
- You want to renew your enthusiasm and energy for your business.
- You know you need to review your business model or your marketing strategies.
- You want to grow as a business owner, and will implement the strategies we come up with.
Who won’t benefit from working with me?
- People who treat their business like a part time hobby.
- People who want help making decisions but are too fearful to implement those decisions.
I help you clarify and strongly hold onto your vision, evaluate your business to see what’s working and what’s not, and clarify your life and business goals to make sure they work together well.
What others say about me
One of my clients, Lisa Suttora, said “You are a wizard at quickly identifying where I am stuck.” Suzanne Falter coined the term “extremely perceptive marketing therapist” for me. In as little as 60 minutes I can almost always listen, question, hone in, and ferret out what’s needed to move yourself and your business from stuck to successful. I can and will be supportive as well as challenging to those I work with. I know it’s critical to change limiting beliefs and to gain new skills, because those two things are key to your success. You can read more about what clients have said by going to my testimonials page or looking on LinkedIn at my testimonials.
While I worked for someone else for the first part of my career, I’ve been an entrepreneur since I was a little kid, and eventually that entrepreneurial energy caused me to leave the “work for someone else” world. As an adult, I’m a serial entrepreneur who has birthed two highly successful businesses and partnered in successful joint ventures many times. Before I stepped out on my own almost 20 years ago, I established, directed and grew programs for several organizations, some of which were award-winning and had an international reach. I know what it is to meet with a potential customer and walk away with a contract for half a million dollars, and I know what it feels like to walk away empty-handed, too.
My training and experience is deep and broad. Frankly, I don’t think you will find another business mentor who has the background in running organizations, building businesses, or working on her own personal and business growth as much as I have. I know exactly what it takes for self-employed business owners to grow a business that matches their dreams and how to keep that going through bad times and good.
My claim to fame in my first business (a medical massage clinic that I sold at the end of 2010) was that I was personally booked an entire year in advance after about 18 months in business. My success in building the business and enlarging it into the clinic it became was shared in many articles published in Massage Magazine, where I wrote most of the business building articles for several years. Those articles have ended up being republished in several books and journals from the U.S. to Africa. My deep intuitive skills in my work were recognized in 2009 when I was named one of Knoxville’s 10 Top Women of Wellness by Natural Alternatives Magazine.
I’ve always been a mentor to others. I love to encourage and teach. In fact, after my massage clinic became so successful, so many entrepreneurs asked me to help them grow their businesses that I founded The Confident Marketer in 2005. Since then, I’ve worked with hundreds of business owners (and a few budding business owners, too). I coach, mentor, teach, encourage, support and challenge each one to gain the planning, business basics, and mindset that keeps them focused and profitable as small business owners.
I believe that to mentor others I also need to constantly do my own work and hone my own business skills. I’m honored that Inc 500 business owner Ali Brown tapped me as one of 3 coaches for her Elevate Coaching Program, where I coached clients from all over the world for 4 years. I’m personally trained by New York Times best-selling author Michael Port as a Book Yourself Solid certified coach. And, I’ve worked personally with well-known coaches like Ali Brown, Fabienne Fredrickson, David Neagle, Lisa Sasevich, James Roche, Paul Evans, and Carrie Wilkerson to name a few.
To do well in business takes personal growth. I’ve been pursuing my own personal development for over 25 years, being mentored by spiritual masters through workshops, training, study groups, and one-on-one work. My teachers include Ram Dass, Susan Thesenga, Krishna Das, Jacqueline Small, Christina Page, and Carolyn Myss as well as many lesser-known but profoundly wise teachers.
- Certified Book Yourself Solid Coach with Michael Port
- Former business coach for Ali Brown’ Elevate coaching program
- Expert author for ezinearticles.com and SelfGrowth.com, and former contributing author for Massage Magazine
- Author on Amazon’s Kindle platform – see my Amazon author page for titles
- Auburn University (B.S. and M.Ed)
Are you ready to see the results others have gained? E-mail me at Sue@ConfidentMarketer.com and we’ll set up a time to talk about how we might work together.