Affiliate marketing lessons from Charlie Page
Even if you are a beginner, it’s possible to earn income through affiliate marketing if you know how to play the game. My long-time colleague Charlie Page wrote an email sharing 8 useful tips about affiliate marketing that is solid, good advice. So I contacted him and asked if I could turn his valuable email into a guest blog post from him, and he agreed to let me share his expertise and experience. You can find Charlie at his main website and over on his affiliate funnels website, too. (These are not affiliate links.) Here are his 8 tips for being a successful affiliate marketer.
Make Sure The Product You Choose Matches You
Check the quality of the product
Talk to the product owner
How well does this product or service sell?
What is the affiliate marketing cookie duration?
- How long does it last? (Cookies generally expire after a certain number of days.)
- Can it be overwritten?
Do you earn backend commissions?
Do you earn “renewal” commissions?
Does the merchant (product owner) support you?
- Providing pre-written ad copy.
- Providing banners and other graphics.
- Providing email “swipes” you can send to your list.
- Them building an entire funnel for you at no cost.
- Them writing custom ads for you whenever you ask for it.
- Them paying you an above-normal commission before you have actually made any sales.
Where to find good affiliate programs
What to do next
Is this article useful for you? If so, please use one of the social share buttons below left to share it with others. I welcome your questions, and reply to each one here. You may also subscribe to my blog feed, and you will find more articles about email marketing to help you. You can also get my 20 Questions to Help You Expand Your Business Without Frustration and Overwhelm.