Here’s the deal….it’s your job to satisfy the hunger in others to have their problem solved. You have to use language that is emotional, not logical. People buy on emotion 100% of the time. They then justify what they have bought with logic.
This is why talking about the features of what you offer makes their eyes glaze over. They DON’T care that your jewelry is 100% sterling silver and comes with a year long guarantee. They DO care that your jewelry will make them feel sexy and pretty when they have been feeling tired and ugly. They care that your jewelry will get them an admiring glance from a husband who hasn’t notice them very much lately.
So, if you want to create sales, create hunger. Tell a story about what your jewelry has done for someone. Show pictures of smiling women wearing your stuff. Demonstrate how someone can place that necklace just SO and it will match their come-hither look. If you can show someone that your stuff creates what they crave then you will make money and even better, your customers will be happy because their problem is solved.
Here’s how to create sales conversations or sales copy that creates hunger:
- Talk about your customer, not you
- Offer clear contrast (before/after or with/without or fast/slow)
- Use tangible examples “more dates, more desire, unbreakable”
- Talk about the beginning and the end only (before/after) don’t talk about the PROCESS that happens in the middle (you choose jewelry, you wear jewelry….not what the order process is like in between)
- Use visual stimuli (pictures) which creates interest 40 times faster than hearing does.
Changing your conversations or sales copy to solve what your customers are hungry for will feed them and you. That kind of satisfaction is just as good as the satisfaction you feel after a good meal, and lasts longer!