If you are an online entrepreneur, what will you do to build online visibility and sales, now that Mark Zuckerberg has formally announced the changes in what you see on Facebook? Perhaps you’ve been counting on Facebook to give you free visibility and you’ve seen sales from that free visibility. Perhaps most of your efforts to gain online visibility has been on social media for the past few years – you wouldn’t be the only online entrepreneur who has been using that strategy.
But it’s clear now that you cannot count on Facebook or other social platforms to build online visibility for you organically. What should you be spending your time doing, then?
Three certain ways to build visibility
- Build a robust email marketing campaign and commit to it over the long term.
- If you have a list of subscribers right now, nurture them well. Provide rich content that is actionable and useful to them.
- Develop a calendar of content you want to deliver through your email marketing and tie it to your offers in the coming months.
- Use a solid email marketing (autoresponder) system that is reliable. I personally use Aweber but that not’s the only game in town. If you want an email marketing system that is also a shopping cart I use and recommend Zaxaa. (Both of these links are my own affiliate links.)
- Whatever email marketing system you use, watch the tutorials to understand what it will do for you. Even if you have a team member run this for you, it’s up to you to understand what the system can do so that you are leading your staff to get the most out of it to build online visibility.
- Get rid of your fear about email marketing. If you think sending emails is a bother to your list, let’s change your thinking. People sign up to be on your list because they want what you offer. It’s your responsibility as a business owner to reach out and touch them. Until they either buy something or unsubscribe, you’re going to be there saying, “I’m here. I’m here and I have good things to offer.”
- Create at least 3 solid opt-in offers that directly relate to what you sell in your business. If you need help with how to create an opt-in offer you can get it in How to Create Irresistible Free Offers that Build Your List.
- Offer your opt-ins on social media, in speaking gigs, when you are interviewed, and as links in books you write.
- Using small amounts of money, experiment with Facebook ads so that the people you are targeting see your opt-in offer and join your list. Personally, I think that in today’s online climate we will have to pay to build online visibility. If Facebook isn’t where your target market is found, then pay for advertising on other social media sites or on Google.
- Watch your opt-in offers to see how well they convert. We’ll talk more about this in my Facebook Ads Tips workshop https://confidentmarketer.com/facebook-ads-tips/ which is specifically for FB ad newbies.
- Make your website a hub of activity and content that your target market wants consume. It’s our job to have content on our websites that cause people to want to visit. Develop a voice that your target audience wants to hear.
- Get back to publishing content rich blog posts (I recommend twice a week).
- Update your content frequently.
- Make sure your website links to your social media accounts.
- Point people on social media to your website.
- Link to your website in publications.
Accept that what has worked for you up until now to build online visibility for your business will change. If you have never used a Facebook ad and want to learn about the basics, I’m teaching a virtual workshop on Friday, February 16th, and you can check out the details here: https://confidentmarketer.com/facebook-ads-tips/. Make up your mind that you are in business to be profitable, and that you will do what it takes to succeed.
To build online visibility you don’t need a lot of money, but you do need two things.
- You need consistent action.
- You need to get out of the “I deserve to get this for free” mindset. Change your belief that somebody owes you the ability to build a business and teach you for free.
The bottom line to building online visibility is that we have to double down on our efforts and be focused. We have to experiment and learn what is working for us and what to quit doing. Have a plan for your email marketing, your opt-in offers, and your website, and evaluate what works. If you’re consistent and committed, you’ll build your online visibility and your business with be good.
Remember – Facebook Ads Tips Workshop coming up in a few weeks. Click here https://confidentmarketer.com/facebook-ads-tips/ for details.