Setting Up Checklists Can Increase Your Sales
This is about how checklists for business can help you run more effectively, simplify delegating to team members, and keep you as the leader of your business instead of lost in the day to day details. I know from personal experience how much it helps to have an operations manual for your business, even if your business is very small and run from home.
I’ve owned my own businesses for over twenty years, and in every single one of them I kept too much in my head. The checklists for my business existed solely in my brain. That’s not a good way to run your business. I see many small business owners make this mistake. Here’s what happened to me:
- As my business grew, the mental checklists got longer
- As software or social media platforms changed it became more challenging to remember everything
- Mental checklists for business kept me from delegating as quickly and as often as I should have. I was in my own way for growing the business.
How to save time setting up your checklists for business
It takes commitment to detail and your time to construct checklists specific to your business that will help you run smoothly and delegate well. Rather than starting from scratch, I recommend and personally use Cindy Bidar’s checklists for business owners. (That’s my own affiliate link.) Here’s what I like about Cindy’s checklists.
- You receive them both in a PDF and in Word format, so it’s very easy to cut and paste any checklist into your own business documents, creating your own business operations manual.
- Because she set up a table of contents, it’s easy to find a specific checklist. You might not use all of her checklists (I don’t) but it’s very easy to find the ones my team and I do want to use, and it’s easy to make them our own.
- Her checklists are thorough. You will add and subtract from any one of them to make it your own, but it’s way better than starting from scratch. It’s efficient to use them as your starting point, saving you time and frustration.
- Her checklists will give you a few ideas for your business. You’ll probably pick up on a few things she does that you aren’t doing, and should be!
Checklist tips – do these things to make it easier
Here are my own tips about setting up your checklists for business. Believe me, doing this will help you! You’ll think in a more organized and businesslike way. You’ll be able to hand off work to team members easily. You’ll be able to train a new team member easily, as well.
- Put every checklist on a separate document or sheet of paper. This builds a business operations notebook (either an e-document or printed) for you. It’s a quick reference.
- To quickly share your checklists for business with team members, keep it in a Google document. You can also quickly update any checklist and everyone will be updated.
- If you delegate to a team member, make sure to ask for her feedback. She might suggest changes that make your business operations easier or less expensive.
- Use your checklists for business when you look for a new team member, to see if your applicants know how to do this specific task
- Keep your checklists at hand to prevent you from dropping something important when you are overwhelmed or busy
- Use your checklists to get yourself back to work and focused again when you’ve been interrupted
After you have purchased Cindy’s checklists for business be sure to pick up my two bonuses that will help you quickly make the checklists work for you. These are complimentary to you and will help you take Cindy’s checklists and immediately put some of them to work for you.
How to Get Cindy’s Checklists for Business and My Extras
- Go to this link (my affiliate link) to pick up Cindy’s checklists
- After your purchase, go to this page to get my two extras
- 3 checklists customized for my own business to use as examples for you
- My video explaining these 3 checklists and giving you additional tips and resources
The benefit in using these checklists is organization, efficiency, and a big savings of time. If you have used one of these checklists please feel free to leave a checklist tip in the comments section here. Checklists for business – a way to step up and wear your CEO hat for your business.