Setting Your Focus 6 Months at a Time
- I don’t know how to create a business plan.
- I have no idea what I’ll be doing 2 years now.
- The time I have to give my business varies.
- I don’t know how to start a business plan.
Here’s the thing about owning a business. It’s your responsibility – your job – to have a business plan that is somewhere besides all up in your head. My suggestion for business owners who resist trying to plan out the next few years is to start with my 6 month focused business planner. If you can’t envision the next 6 months for your business then really, you aren’t a serious business owner. This planner is a step-by-step guide to thinking through your business goals and activities for the short term – 6 months.
Key Elements of a Focused Business Plan
Every business owner needs to know why they are in business (their mission) and who they want to sell their products or services to. So this 6 month planner starts by asking you to answer those 2 key elements. Once you have those two things set up it’s much easier to think about what you want to accomplish over the next six months.
- Set up your monthly goals for each month, with the projects needed to get to each of your goals.
- Decide on your income goals for each month. While you may think this isn’t necessary or you aren’t sure what your income will be, you should have an idea of what you want to make versus what your costs will be to be in business. These are targets for you. Writing down an income goal for each month clarifies your thoughts and helps you focus on how to reach those monthly income goals.
- Use this focused business planner to sort out your sources of income, which helps you focus on where you’ll want to push your visibility and marketing each month.
- Ask your what to keep, what to push, and what to let go of right now – business is always evolving!
- With this planner you’ll be able to easily see what type of marketing or advertising you’ll plan for each thing you are selling.
- You’ll also benefit by creating a short list of anything you need to research to help your business move forward.
- There’s a space for you to list out anyone you need to reach out to during this 6 months, so you don’t lose track.
- You’ll also think through when you’ll work on your business by setting up when you’ll focus on your business.
- This is one of the few business planners that addresses focus and mindset, giving you space to name your practices that keep both strong.
Get a Complimentary Copy of My Printable Focused Business Planner
You’re welcome to leave your name and email below and get your own printable copy of my 6 month focused business planner. I’m confident that if you implement it you’ll find it much easier to plan your time, your income, and keep your focus for the next 6 months. You’ll receive follow-on emails from The Confident Marketer with business tips, resources, and offers.
Related Article: You might also like my article 3 Reasons Why Solo Professionals Often Don’t Use a Business Plan
Is this resource helpful for you? If so, please use one of the social share buttons to the left below and share this to other business owners. I’m happy to also see your comments here – I read and respond to every one.