Tips for how to keep your focus
You probably won’t be in business for long before someone’s actions toward you upsets you. In this video I talk about how to keep your focus on business and avoid being drawn into the drama of the situation. This is something that you’ve got to train yourself for ahead of time, though. You’ll hear more inside the video.
The trick to avoid being pulled off your game when someone comes at you with their anger or their drama is to work on your personal development ahead of time. Realize that when another person's energy is not your business. It's also not your business to care take their emotions. Click To Tweet
When we get caught in someone else’s drama it usually feeds the energy and lowers your own vibration. That person wants to pull you into their angst because sharing that energy dissipates it for them. Meanwhile, you lose your own peace. When that happens it’s hard to keep your focus on business.
- When a prospect or customer is angry with you deal with it quickly and end the drama.
- Remember that it’s your job to keep your focus on business, so don’t dwell on the situation.
- Rather than avoiding the conflict act to solve it quickly.
- If someone won’t be satisfied no matter what you do, or won’t give you the courtesy of hearing your response they are not your ideal customer. End the business relationship as best you can.
Develop your CEO mindset before you are put to the test
Practicing your CEO mindset ahead of time is the key. Success in your business requires your willingness to engage in personal development, to set your guidelines for your own behavior and stick to them as business situations come up. Click To Tweet Taking care of yourself also helps you to maintain even emotions and stay focused on the resolution of the issue rather than getting sidetracked by the energy coming at you. As Reba McIntire once said, “I stay away from drama and stress.”
- Develop your CEO mindset and problem solving skills before you need them.
- Get the rest you need to maintain a fresh mind.
- Drink your water.
- Practice loving kindness.
You can find more about developing your CEO mindset in this article about five habits for success and happiness. You can also get my 20 Questions to Help Build Your Business Without Frustration and Overwhelm. Learning to keep your focus in business is one of the key components of being a business owner. It saves you time and keeps your energy even and honest.
Like this article? If so, please share – it’s easy – just click on the social share links below. Thanks!