When you can manifest what you want in life you have a sense of confidence and certainty that most people will never have. You will also feel free of whatever your current circumstances are, because you are certain that with time you can change your circumstances. Knowing that you can manifest what you want brings peace and freedom to you and to your family.
But can you do it, really?
It’s not a question of can, it’s a question of will. Most people will not take the steps necessary to be the leader of their own life, to lead their business to a high degree of success. It’s not because they are lazy, it’s because they are not believers. They don’t think they can manifest what they want, so it doesn’t happen.
4 Conditions for Manifesting What You Want
When you meet these four specific conditions you'll be surprised at how your life changes.
- You decide very clearly what you want.
- You know with certainty what you do not want and are not willing to tolerate.
- You commit to deep and abiding changes for yourself.
- You commit with complete surrender to saying yes only to those things that are aligned with what you want.
Almost anyone has the innate ability to take those 4 steps, but few will do it. The reason is because most people let their life be organized and controlled by their desire to please others rather than to please their own deepest wishes. When you live from this energy you cannot manifest what you want.
In truth, our culture doesn’t support learning to manifest what we want. It’s hard work to reach for freedom and certainty when from birth it has not been the focus of our life.
- We usually are taught to please others rather than being taught to deeply feel and understand what will please us in our life.
- We buy into being controlled by other’s wishes, usually through their playing on our sense of guilt.
- We follow and believe without thinking what our culture reinforces through advertising, policies of large organizations, and religions.
- We are sometimes made to feel wrong or crazy for pursuing what we want in life.
- We do not stand up for ourselves, having not been taught to do so.
- Over time, by constantly pleasing others, we lose our capability to know what we most deeply want.
So how do we, as entrepreneurs and leaders of our business, start to rule our life and our business by what we most want? We must stop and consider what’s in our heart and our mind that is both satisfying to us and in service to others. We won’t be fully successful in business until we are making money in a way that satisfies both our bank account and our soul. So, we start with a process of connecting to what we want, what we know, what feels deeply satisfying, what will serve others and give us income.
I often find as I work with clients that they have completely forgotten about what they know. They think that their life is defined by only one aspect of themselves. They are an accountant, a dishwasher, a dancer, a parent. This one major way in which we identify ourselves is just one root of the tree. Finding all your roots often leads to a new sense of commitment to what you most want, and can lead to solid ideas for your life and your business.
How to Manifest What You Want in Six Steps
Here’s how to get started manifesting what you want, step by step.
- What do you tolerate? Starting with when you first wake up in the morning (before you even get out of bed) and not stopping until you are back in the bed at night, go through your typical day in your mind’s eye and list every single solitary thing that you don’t really like but tolerate. It can be a big thing, like “before I even get out of bed I always realize I have a headache” or something very small, like “there’s a button off my pajama top that bugs me.” Ask yourself, “What do I tolerate in my life that I really wish I didn’t have to deal with?”
- What are your daydreams? Ask yourself, “When I was a kid, I daydreamed about what?” When you have completed that list, ask yourself what you’ve daydreamed about as an adult.
- What are your hobbies and interests? Throughout your lifetime, what have all your hobbies and interests been? What from this list still holds an interest for you?
- What are you really good at? Almost every human alive has at least one thing they are particularly gifted at doing. Sometimes it’s difficult to state what you are good at because it has not been recognized by others, much less by you. So spend some time, put modesty aside, forget the negative voices of others, and be totally honest with yourself. What are you really good at? Where do you excel?
- What have you gained deep wisdom about? Wisdom is different from intelligence or expertise. Wisdom is a deep sense of knowing and understanding about something or someone. It’s sometimes called deep insight, or discernment. You can be an expert about something but not be wise. Wisdom usually comes from experience combined with self-knowledge.
- What are your secrets? Every one of us has secretly thought, dreamed, or fantasized about doing something we’ve never done before, something we more than likely keep to ourselves. What are those things for you?
What Does Your Mental Snapshot Tell You?
You’ve now created a mental snapshot of yourself. You have written lists of your tolerations, daydreams, hobbies and interests, what you’re really good (expert) at, where you are wise, and what you’ve secretly though of doing in your life. Now you can start to think about how to arrange your life, as much as you can right now, to support what you most want to do in life.
The process of change and personal growth that will come to you over time will change your life profoundly. And as it does, if you remain true to deciding in each moment to take only those actions that support moving to what you want, you will begin to manifest what you want in life and in your business the most.
Learning to manifest what you want in life takes courage, but it is possible to do. I often lead clients through this process of change because it is very difficult to do it alone. Sometimes you don’t see the boxes you’re stuck in, and sometimes you do but lose your courage to step outside the boxes. So it’s good to have a guide who has been down this path.
If you know you are ready to manifest what you want in life and want my help please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll set up a time to talk more about this.
If you'd like to have more detail about this and do the exercises yourself please find my book “Create Your Own Income” on Amazon and work through the exercises provided in the book.
The sense of calm, certainty, freedom, and lack of fear that comes from leading your life in this way is satisfying and financially rewarding. Manifesting what you want creates a peaceful life and a satisfying business.