Would You Like to Stop Worrying About Decisions?
There are a thousand books and hundreds of training courses designed to teach how to make a decision, but when we are in the moment of making a decision that will determine the course of our business or our life all those books and courses go right out the window. Worry and doubt rise up. We start to second-guess ourselves and everyone who has given us advice. We stay awake at night worrying about decisions we’ve already made and decisions we are thinking about making.
Worrying about decisions can eat up too much time and energy and turn a talented entrepreneur into someone who runs her business into the ground for fear of making a bad decision.
In this video I talk about how to make the best decisions and give you 3 parts to decision making that help you stop worrying about decisions you make. The video runs about 5 minutes.
There are many books to read about becoming a better decision maker, but nothing takes the place of experience. Here’s three things to know:
- It’s your responsibility to make the decisions that affect your business, so don’t ask others to decide for you.
- Getting good at decision making comes from making decisions day after day, from small ones to big ones.
- You will make bad decisions, and that’s one way you get better at it.
Two books that might be helpful are:
- Unglued: Making Wise Choices in the Midst of Raw Emotions by Lysa TerKeurst
- Decisive: How to Make Better Choices in Life and Work by Chip Heath
How do you go about making decisions? Is there something you always do to stop worrying about decisions you make? I’d love to hear your stories in the comment section below.
I help entrepreneurs make decisions all the time. If you’d like my help go to my One and Done page for more information. And you can read more on my blog about decision making by clicking here to find my other posts on this topic.