Do you need a new lead generation piece for your online business?
If you are an online business owner you know that generating leads (new prospects) is a big part of the financial success of your online business. And you’ve probably got at least one lead generation offer in place. It’s smart to keep an eye on your lead generation to watch how it’s performing for you.
- Are you getting clicks on your offer?
- More importantly, are your clicks leading to conversions (in other words, are new leads taking advantage of your offer, or do they look at it and click away)?
- Is your offer attracting your best customers?
- Is it out of date and needs replacing or refreshing?
The rule of thumb in lead generation for digital marketing use to be that one lead gen was enough. Click To Tweet These days, most digital marketers have several pieces of lead generation they consistently use. Frequently, I see digital marketers frantically creating one lead gen offer after another, hoping one will stick. That’s not the way to do it. Create no more than three, and make sure each of them leads specifically to the product or service you most want to sell.
If you decide it’s time for a new lead generation piece, here’s a checklist of what you need to do. You can download a PDF of this checklist by clicking the bar above. Use it as a starting point for yourself and add items on to it if you need to better fit your digital business.
Lead generation for digital marketing checklist
- Design every lead magnet with the questions, “What do I want this person to do?” and “Where do I want this lead magnet to lead – what is the end sale?”
- Create a draft after you’ve answered those first two key questions.
- Create your images in the correct sizes you need for the platforms where you will be promoting
- Create a final product, including images.
- Decide how you will publicize or advertise the lead magnet, and create a schedule.
- Develop e-mails to use as follow-ups, so that when a prospect grabs your lead magnet she will hear from you. I recommend at delivery and then at least 5 times after that. (This is your e-mail campaign.)
- Publish your new piece, launch the publicity campaign for it, and put your e-mail campaign in process.
- Watch to see if you’ve got a winner. Track clicks and conversions. Tweak as needed. Think about whether to double down on your advertising if the lead magnet is working well.
- Schedule a quarterly review of this piece. Do you want to re-use it? Refresh it? Kick it to the curb?
Keep your lead generation consistent
It’s your job as the leader of your business to consistently attract qualified leads. Finding new prospects and reselling to existing customers is the lifeblood of your business. After you have successfully engaged a new person with your lead generation, your next job is to lead that person (prospect) through to making a purchase. Click To Tweet It’s easy to lose prospects along the way. Lack of consistency is the number one reason this happens. This is why following up with e-mail is a key part of lead generation for digital marketing.
You will be off to a good start with your lead generation by using this checklist and watching how each piece of lead gen works for your business. Consistency and making sure your lead generation attracts the right customers for your business are the critical keys.
Is this article helpful for you? Please take a few seconds to share it using the social share buttons below. Thank you!