How to tell if you have all the clarity you need
Tips for getting clarity may not sound like useful life hacks for entrepreneurs to you. But I'll guarantee you that where you are feeling stuck, unmotivated, tired, or frustrated with your business – that's the place you could use more clarity. Here's the deal – clarity gives you the gift of energy and forward movement. It fuels you when you aren't enthusiastic about what you have on your calendar. And it helps you create days and weeks in which you like everything you've got to do that day, because you are taking on tasks that move you toward your desired life.
So let's talk about life hacks for entrepreneurs that help with clarity and living your best life. Every day that dawns we have a clean path before us, the promise of opportunity. Clarity is how we precisely decide what happens on that new day. Confusion is when we let the day overcome us.
In this video you'll hear more about how total clarity is the best life hack there is.
- Saves you so much time
- Helps you decide what to do each day
- Shows you what you are doing that you should no longer do
- Helps you be quickly decisive
Life Hack One – Pay Attention to Your Energy
An easy way to test how clear you are about what you want in your life is to pay attention to your fatigue factor. If you feel exhausted and tired even in the morning, you're not working at the right things – and your lack of enthusiasm shows as fatigue.
- Make sure you're getting enough sleep – researchers now tell us at least 8 hours a night is good. (Here's a link to a better sleep program if you need help with sleep)
- Make sure you're fueled up with the right foods for you. Feed your brain and your muscles quality food.
- Spend at least 15 minutes in quiet, alone time each day. Figure out what works for your schedule, and protect your quiet time faithfully.
If you're feeling tired, mentally exhausted or overwhelmed despite taking good care of yourself, check in with your doctor. And check in, too, about what you're working toward. Is each thing you do leading toward the life you want?
Life Hack Two – Watch What You're Doing
Look at your calendar for the past month. Circle anything you've done that brings you closer to your desired life. All the rest are signs that you don't have good clarity about what you want in life.
- Use your 15 minutes of quiet time to describe the life you most want to live
- Keep asking yourself “is this how I want to spend the rest of my life?”
- Ask yourself what obstacles are in the way and how they can be moved. (Hint: Clarity gives you the gift of knowing that you don't get your desired life through what others do or don't do.)
- Ask yourself what relationships you can build that aim toward your desired life, and what relationships you must drop, at least for now.
Life Hack for Entrepreneurs Three – Ask Key Questions
Most of the time, we humans don't have clarity about what we want. We let our own wishes and desires get covered up by what others demand or ask of us. We give away our time and energy to non-productive tasks and relationships. We think it is easier to settle than it is to pull ourselves away from the drag of what we don't want.
Truth is, living with extreme clarity about what you want fuels you. Gives you energy. Gives you the ability to bounce out of the bed. Makes you feel like you can't wait to get to your work each day. Creates opportunity. Makes you laugh.
- What would my dream life and business be?
- How much time would I spend working?
- What income would sustain me and give me the extras I want?
- What do I have to offer (products or services) that could truly help another person solve a problem?
- How much consistency and commitment do I have toward my business?
You can download the 20 core questions I ask entrepreneurs who work with me by leaving your name and email address on my website's front page. Use them to get clarity – and watch yourself get on fire for your business. That's the best life hack for entrepreneurs of all!