Jumping to the top to sell high end offers
Unless you’ve been living under a rock somewhere you’ve heard of funnels, but let’s instead talk about how to sell high end offers without using a funnel to get you there. There are entire systems (like Clickfunnels) that help you build your business based on a funnel. I don’t personally use Clickfunnels or any of the other “funnel makers” out there, but I do really like Russell’s books. He’s a genius at laying out a pathway to get a prospect from zero to the top of your sales funnel.
But here’s the thing. When you set up a marketing funnel that starts with the lowly free taste (been around a hundred years in internet marketing) and ends up somewhere at a $10K to $25K purchase, you set your mind to a belief that you’ve got to start small. At zero, in fact. Or at a $7.00 “tripwire.” Then you inch up to maybe a $27 product and then a $97 product and then, after all that you dare to offer $297 or maybe even more than $500. It’s a long slog to get to the top of that funnel where your best money offers are hiding.
You do not always have a funnel that starts out at the bottom and sweats its way to the top. Don’t fall into that mindset. If you like, you can lay out a funnel but don’t get stuck in that mindset. Ask yourself, “What if I offered something right at the top?” Instead of climbing the funnel ladder, what if I just jumped right up to the top?
Examples of jumping over your funnel to selling high end offers
I’ll tell you a little secret. I’ve been in business for myself for over 20 years and I’ve yet to create a funnel that I’ve used for very long. While funnels can be useful, it’s just as useful to focus on finding prospects who get the value of what you do.
Here’s a few examples of what I’ve helped clients do who have very few or maybe zero sales.
- Quit networking one by one by one and offer her service to an aligned multi-national corporation. Instead of a funnel, we created a pitch, found the right people, and after some mis-steps and digging around hit the sweet spot. She went from unknown to nationally known, and will be internationally known in another few years.
- Quit focusing on individual sales and instead create a sales pitch for multiple units of a product to carefully researched local business who would make good money from the product. After 7 sales calls this client had a hit and made more money in that one sell than he’d made the entire year before.
You can make sell high end offers if you have these things.
- The right mindset
- A service or a product that someone (person or company) actually needs and wants.
- The guts to keep digging around until you find that right person or company (it will take some no’s to get to a yes)
Notice that I said “needs and wants.” If you are like many women entrepreneurs you spend way, way way too much time marketing to people who need what you offer. But they don’t see the value of what you offer – they don’t particularly want what you offer. Would that person (or company) be better off using your service or product? Do you feel passionate about that and just KNOW they would be better off? Yes, probably so. Except they don’t want it – or they don’t want it badly enough to buy it without being talked into it. That’s what sales funnels do. They take the long way to high end sales.
Set your mind for the rest of this week to focusing on high end offers. Ask yourself, “How can I sell what I have to offer without taking months or a year going through all these tiny steps trying to talk people into what I want them to eventually buy from me?”
- What do you want to sell, really? Your most ideal offer?
- Who WANTS the benefit of what you offer? (Notice, your ideal buyer might not actually need it, but they want it. They think they need it, and they want it.)
- What would your conversation to this person or company include? (Remember to talk benefits – the win they get)
- How would you identify the prospect who will benefit from what you have in a big way?
If you are willing to start thinking in “big jump” terms you can catapult your income in the short term by selling high end offers. If you want to also have a sales funnel as well, go ahead. Do both. No harm, no foul. Just remember that when you have a particular expertise or skill there’s somebody out there who gets it, needs it, and wants it. Those are the buyers to find, and it’s worth a few in your face no’s to get to that sweet, big yes. I promise you that your business will grow faster if you focus on your high end offers.Share This Article