What is Brand Clarity?
Brand clarity means having a clarion call that is succinct and memorable, attracts your ideal client and repels those who are not ideal for you. I’ve seen entrepreneurs spend a ton of time and money on branding, but totally fail to have brand clarity.
Many entrepreneurs think that branding means a logo, specific colors, and a catchy tag line. If that’s what you have been led to believe, it’s time to rethink. Brand clarity doesn’t come from a well-designed logo – in fact, you can have a strong message and a killer brand without a logo at all!
Brand Clarity Self-Assessment: Is Your Brand Fuzzy?
Here’s a quick self-assessment. How would you answer these 7 questions?
- Do you feel like it’s hard to get a quick connection with people when you talk about your brand?
- Do you regularly turn down networking or speaking opportunities because you know that your ideal client or customer is likely not in the audience?
- If you wanted to reach a new source of potential clients (prospects) would you have two or three good ideas about where to go to reach more ideal clients?
- How does your branding set you apart from others who do the same or similar work?
- When was the last time you freshened up your brand to reflect changes within you and within your industry?
- Does your website and other marketing tools give a strong message to people who find you? What is that message in one sentence?
- Do people often tell you that they remember you and what you do?
If you have trouble answering more than 3 of these, chances are that you do not have strong brand clarity. That means your brand comes off as fuzzy rather than memorable to most of the people who find you.
Three parts to a brand that turns people’s heads
There are three parts to being memorable and easily finding the right clients for your business.
- Working on your brand clarity.
- Maximizing your brand message.
- Learning how to articulate what you do so that others stop and listen.
I’ve found that entrepreneurs who have been in business for 2 to 4 years and have always struggled to make the income they want are lacking in brand clarity, even though they might have an expensive website and great graphics.
I work with entrepreneurs who have realized that they need better brand clarity, using a specific, step-by-step system. We maximize the message of your business so that it is clear, strong, and makes heads turn. When you have that, creating new business is so much easier – and so is marketing!
If you need help with brand clarity, consider an hour’s consultation with me. We’ll sort out where you are. You’ll feel stronger and clearer as you talk to clients (or customers) and you’ll find it easier to talk with prospects, too. You can set up an hour at this link: http://confidentmarketer.com/oneanddone/.
The bottom line: If you are not happy with how your business is going, feel like your sales are not steady enough, or feel as if it’s much harder now to stand out from the competition, you will benefit from working on brand clarity and a stronger message.
You might also find my special workbook helpful for you. It’s called 20 Questions to Help You Expand Your Business Without Frustration or Overwhelm, and you can get it at this link by leaving your name and email address.