Olympic Champions Depend on These 3 Traits
- Clarity about their goal. These athletes are absolutely clear about what they want to accomplish. If they are skiers, they ski. They don't wander over and start wondering if they should train for ice skating or curling. They are 100% clear that they want to compete as a skier. Are you as clear about your own goal for your business?
- Focus. Each athlete has sacrificed other things in life in order to focus on their goal. Going to a normal public high school has been set aside. Maybe dating has been set aside. Living at home with mom and dad has been set aside. In order to truly be in the game each athlete has had to narrow their life down to this focus of being in the Olympics. They are obsessive about it, right? If we want big success as a business owner, we also have to be that focused. We have to set aside other things for a while so that we can get to where we want to be.
- Practicing until mastery is achieved. If an athlete gets to the Olympics it means she has practiced her sport thousands of times, until she is a complete master at what she does. If she's a skier, she's fallen hundreds of times. If she's a skater, she's skated her routine thousands of times until she can do it no matter what arena she is in. I think that as business owners we often give up practicing what we have to do until we are masters at it. If we market through Facebook ads, we try a few and quit. If we market through blogging, we get started but quit because there isn't quick success. We can't do that. We have to practice that part of our business until we achieve mastery.
- My Maximize Your Message course helps you establish brand clarity and know your goal. Check it out and get notified for the March class.
- My 12 week coaching program helps you focus and figure out what to set aside so that you will meet that clear goal.
- My Facebook Ads Tips Workshop (this Friday, February 16th) will help you learn best practices for creating Facebook ads so that you don't waste time or money. By the way, once you attend the workshop you can sit in on it again at no cost.