My buddy Marnie Marcus and I talk in this Peep Show replay about the secrets to successful joint ventures and cross-promotions for entrepreneurs. We mention 13 tips for successful collaboration and cross-promotion in this half-hour video. You can see the show notes below.
Successful Joint Ventures Show Notes
- Recast your sales pages based on audience comments
- Collaborative books and interviews – break them down by topic rather than by interviewee to help listeners quickly get everyone’s input topic by topic and give the user an easier and richer experience. The content can be more easily consumed.
- Promotion of collaborative efforts – understand that some people will not follow through on doing their part of collaboration, so ask a few more people than you really want.
- Promotional materials – put all of it on one page and make it easy for collaborators to quickly get your promo copy and distribute it.
- Why collaborate and cross-promote? It helps build visibility and credibility for you.
- Use a Facebook group for the collaborators to make it simple and quick to communicate.
- The Facebook group helped all collaborators meet each other, network, and gain a sense of responsibility to promote.
- Cross-promotion (collaboration)
- Give it some structure
- What are each of you going to bring to the table?
- What are you going to do together and not do together?
- What happens when you want to end it?
- Written agreements when money is involved.
- Don’t make assumptions – talk out the nitty gritty details.
- Keep communication open
- Realize that time will change things and interests
- Don’t make it harder to get out of an agreement than it was to get in it.
- Written agreements protect your business and your friendship.
- Ways to match personalities for a collaboration
- Know yourself and who you work well with, who you don’t work well with
- Vet the expertise of the person
Would you like to be a part of joint ventures?
Would it benefit your business to have a collaborative group of other entrepreneurs who are specifically interested in doing joint ventures and cross promotions? You might consider joining the Joint Venture Inner Circle, created by Milana Leshinsky and Rich German. I'm a member of it myself. And if you have tips for successful joint ventures and cross-promotions please share them here in the comments section. Thanks!