Dreams are great to have, I believe in them strongly. But sometimes our dreams for our business, or for our life, don’t come true. We can’t make dreams come true if they are vague. We can’t make them come true if they aren’t matched by a strong desire for them, either. Desire is what drives us to take action. Here’s an example – I may dream of being physically fit, but unless I actually desire to be fit I’ll never take an action or set a goal toward it.
Here are the steps to take to make a dream come true if it hasn’t yet.
- Write the dream down in as much detail as possible. Vague doesn’t work for dreams.
- Write down just one step to take toward the dream, and schedule exactly when you’re going to take that step. Don’t worry about the whole journey – just one step.
- Decide to stop doing your life the way you are doing it right now. This makes room for change.
- Promise yourself in writing that you will overcome your resistance to change. We all have it, to a greater or lesser extent. The more we change, though, the weaker this resistance becomes.
- Face your fear of failure and be willing to take risk. Tell yourself that failure is better than standing still, you can always learn from it and try again.
- Find someone you trust and state your dream out loud. Then, tell that person the first step you’ve decided to take.
If you take these six steps you will turn the energy of your dream on, and it will begin to come alive for you. It’s a pretty cool thing to find out that you can, in fact, make a dream come true.