Here we are, almost at the end of 2011. For some of the business owners I know, it's been a great year of growth, for others not so much. For me, it's a time of pulling together all the tips, training, coaching, and expertise I possess as I look at 5 issues I see facing many small business owners right now. Which of these fit you and your business?
- While you have customers (or clients) and are making money, your cash flow is tight and makes it scary for you to think about adding staff or contract labor to help with the increasing workload. Yet you are working longer hours and have realized you cannot continue to handle your business as you are doing now.
- As your business has grown so has the demands on your time. While you are serious about taking your business to the next level, you have frequent time crunches and increasing conflicts between your business and personal lives. This often leaves your or a family member frustrated and disappointed, and sometimes makes you wonder why owning your own business seems to take more time than working a job.
- You see and feel the shifts that are taking place in the world economy and it leaves you with a gut feeling that while you are doing OK, it's getting harder to control your operating costs and keep your profits at a good level.
- You really need to be on your toes, making good use of new marketing methods, but rarely have time to sit and study what might most help you. You need condensed, succinct information about marketing, social media, business systems, best use of staff or personal assistants, and time management.
- While you love being self-employed, it's hard to be “on” all the time as the face of your business. You truly need and would appreciate feeling less alone and more supported and encouraged by others who understand your situation.
These are issues that, left unresolved, can truly grind you down. They're one big reason I created my Business Mentorship Program, which is carefully designed to support and help you solve issues with both personal and business time. The deadline for joining the Mentorship Program is January 8th. You can get the program description here, and the application form here. I'd love to see an application from you.
This is my last blog post of 2011, so I'm wishing all my readers a fun, relaxing, and special holiday season, Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year. I'll be back on the blog on Boxing Day (12/26). Hugs to all of you!