Do You Want to Ensure a Successful Book for Yourself?
Many business owners use a book (printed or e-book) to gain visibility and help with lead generation for their business. In fact, I’ve done several.
- Starting a Small Business – Are You Really Ready to Work for Yourself?
- Create Your Own Income – How to Take Control of What You Do and How Much You Make
- How to Get More Clients and Help More People – A Guide for Energy Workers and Transformational Business Owners
To me, if you’re a small business owner in the online industry, e-books make a lot of sense for you. And if you plan to put the work in to creating a book, you sure want a successful book, right? There are 4 things every successful book has, and here they are:
- Unique content that solves a problem or makes life easier – something that your business offers
- An easy-to-follow structure for your content that make consumption by your reader easy
- A killer title and book cover – these are of critical importance! People buy books by the title and the cover – not for the content. I know that fact might not make you happy, but it’s true.
- A marketing plan so that your book will sell. With 200,000 titles added to Amazon each and every month, you’ve got to have marketing. Part of having a successful book is creating and carrying out a marketing plan for that book.
If you want to create a successful book I encourage you to check out two resources from my friend, Ellen Finkelstein. She offers an e-book about how to create your first e-book, and what I like about it is that she doesn’t shy away from the marketing – she talks about it. She also has some templates for structuring your content that are helpful. You can check out Ellen’s resources through my own affiliate link, here: https://confidentmarketer.com/yourebook.
In this short video chat with Ellen, we talk about how to set up and market your own successful book and whether to sell it through Amazon or through your own website.
For most small business owners using a book to help with visibility, social proof, and lead generation just makes sense. It’s a smart way to go. Just make sure that your book has all four of these things, and it will be a successful book.