If you need to set up a new system to handle your email marketing here’s my take on the best email marketing tools right now. I evaluate email management systems in several ways.
- Ease of use
- Moderate (or in some cases no cost)
- Robust features.
- Choosing a system that you or your team will actually learn and get the full use of.
- After many years of using Aweber I am now using Birdsend. I made this switch about 3 years ago, because at the time I felt like Aweber wasn’t keeping up with technology or features very well. However, more recently Aweber has totally revamped and has some cool, very useful new tools. They also have launched a free version of Aweber, which is always a great way to get started. Check it out by clicking here (this is my own affiliate link).
- As I said, I am using Birdsend right now, which my team and I like a lot. One reason I use it, though, is that it integrates with my shopping cart, which is Zaxaa. If you use Zaxaa then Birdsend comes along with it (at a certain level of use). So if you are currently looking for a solution for a shopping cart to deliver your online products and you also need an email system, the two are built for each other. (These are also my affiliate links.)
- We also use Mailer Lite (the free version) for simple landing pages and creating new lists when we are testing new offers. (That is not an affiliate link.) I like Mailer Lite although sometimes I find it a little bit confusing. It does offer good landing page templates.
If I were starting from absolute scratch for an email list and did NOT need also a shopping cart I would probably go with the free Aweber. But I think any of these three will serve you, depending on your business needs.
I do not recommend using Mail Chimp or Constant Contact.
Turning to another type of tool, I have used and love Missinglettr since it first came out. This is a tool that links to your blog posts and automatically shares your blog post out over your social media channels for an entire year. It’s a great way to get more traffic to your website. (This is my affiliate link.) If you are keeping your blog up to date this is an excellent tool to use and in my opinion is worth the cost.
Now, however, Missinglettr is launching a new tool called Postbox. It provides you with links to high quality content that you can share out to your social followers and to your readers automatically. Right now if you are a Missinglettr user they are offering a very low cost pre-launch deal of $49 for the year. I will probably use Postbox at that price, but next year if the cost goes substantially higher I will cancel it. It can be a great help in finding good content to share at the $49 yearly price, though. Sometimes you just have to try a new tool and see if it’s worth your time or not.
Remember, all business is an experiment! And nothing stays the same as time goes by, either. It's a good thing to evaluate what email system you are using, which I recommend doing annually. Click To Tweet
Is this article useful for you? If so, please use one of the social share buttons below left to share it with others. I welcome your comments, and reply to each one left here. For more help with the mindset, strategies, and tools for running your business successfully check out the CEO Circle Community, specifically for women business owners.